Sunday, July 10, 2005

Living up to my reputation

I've had the reputation of being nerdy for quite some time, and today was one of those shining days when that reputation was confirmed and upheld.

At 6:30 AM this morning, I was sipping my mug of Starbucks coffee at my dining room table. Some of you may be thinking that this was merely another case of being up early with a new daughter in the house running the schedule.

While that would normally be the only reason I'd see that ridiculous hour, today was a bit different. See, with the miracles of modern technology, not only was I able to sit at my dining room table and sip Starbucks, but while I was sitting there with nothing better to do, I connected with the Southwest Church of Christ Sunday morning Bible class.

Yep, that's right, at 6:30 AM I was in a web conference in front of 300 Arkansas Christians, giving a quick update on what Cascade Hills has been up to in the last few months. Pretty amazing stuff, especially for that hour.


1 comment:

Tim Lewis said...

Plus your new toy amplifies your nerdiness. It's ok...I wish I had one too.