Tuesday, October 18, 2005

It's time to take up the challenge...


Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines. Or, perhaps, crack your knuckles. November is NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month. All over the world, men and women will take up the challenge of writing a complete novel, 50,000 words in length, in one month. That's right, 50,000 words of narrative joy, cranked out in 30 days.

Step 1: sign up at the web site
Step 2: get excited for November to get here
Step 3: sweat and bleed over your keyboard for 30 days
Step 4: upload your novel to the site
Step 5: you win! (provided it's 50,000 words or more in length and isn't a product of ctrl-V)

I have no idea if I could get anywhere near a coherent novel, never having written much more than blog articles, research papers, and a single short story. But the challenge is just too much to resist!

Come this November, I'm going to give it a go. 1667 words per day, here I come.

I wonder what my novel will be about?

5 comments:

Gunslinger said...

Im in! Author name; gunslinger

No idea what the heck it will be about yet, but I am stoked!

Tim Lewis said...

RaPToRFunK is now signed up. The world can't wait for my tripe.

rebecca marie said...

doooooood! i am so in!

James Wood said...

Can my novel be about a geeky grad student who writes research papers (including the full text of the research papers in the novel)?

Dwayne Hilty said...

Oh yeah, Amish Eggs is joining the short, but intense marathon of novel writing in November.