Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Getting in a little bit of writing

These last two weeks have been a little busy for too much writing, but I did manage to spit out a little flash fiction just before Sarah was born.

"Flash fiction" is a strange phenomenon out there where someone tries to write a complete piece of fiction in a very short space. I never quite knew how such things were even done until I had read some. This particular piece, weighing in at 250 words, pretty much fell into my head fully formed; it was a matter of cranking it out on the keyboard. Weird experience. I posted it up over at my fantasticfictions blog. Go check it out.

And fair warning, other than the occasional blog article, don't expect too much more out there in the next week or two. Holding Sarah with one hand makes it a little hard to type.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will learn to write with two kids on your lap...someday...while doing the dishes and vacuuming the floor.

Hope things are relaxed for all of you at home.