Friday, August 24, 2007

A new Campbell joins us at 9:51!
Welcome to the world, Sarah Elizabeth!

A whirlwind trip, right on schedule, had us in the hospital by 7:00a, admitted and waiting for our turn at the delivery room. Just in time for some family to come in with well wishes, our time slot opened up, and Melissa was whisked off to prep for her c-section. Summer and I waited outside, and then I went to sit beside Melissa behind the scary blue curtain (to keep my mind off things, I like to pretend that the doctors and nurses were on the other side playing a round of Candyland).

Praise God! Just like that, at 9:51a, we were holding our beautiful Sarah Elizabeth, an opinionated and cute little girl that was ready for lunch 30 seconds after birth. I like a girl who knows what she wants! The official stats: 7lbs 6oz., 19.5 inches long. Just right!

We're now waiting in the recovery room for our accommodations in the gorgeous Salem Hospital birthing center. Sarah has taken right to her mommy and daddy, just like she'd been as excited to see us as we were to see her.

Stay tuned for more news on the Campbell family front.

3 comments:

James T Wood said...

Dude! Congrats-n-stuff. She's cute; I vote you keep her.

Tim said...

Yo sweetness! Is my weakness!

We want to come see! I'm calling you later today.

preacherman said...

Congratulations. You and your family are in my prayers. May God shower his blessings upon you and be gracious to you.